Welcome back to WholeYou #7! We're on to the sacral chakra today - if you're just tuning in, you can always start with the previous two episodes on an introduction to chakras and the root chakra.
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts! We really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your thoughts. If you like the show, subscribe on iTunes for automatic shows or leave a review!
In this show, we jump into chatting about the sacral chakra. We move from the grounding in our root chakra into the fluidity and flow of our sacral chakra.
Here are the basics on the sacral chakra:
Sanskrit Name: Svadhisthana
Location: Sacrum, lower abdomen, hips, pelvis
Issues: Movement, sensation, emotions, sexuality, desire, need, pleasure, creativity
Here's what we chat about:
The "rights" of the sacral chakra.
Imbalances and what a balanced sacral chakra looks like.
Signs of a deficient and excessive sacral chakra.
Healing practices to bring the root chakra back into balance.
Sacral chakra affirmations.
We'd LOVE to hear your thoughts, so if you take a listen, please leave a comment on your thoughts, or any questions or ideas you have.
So, go ahead and take a listen!
Show Notes & Quotes
Anodea Judith's books - Eastern Body, Western Mind
- Quote from above book: “If we think of the body as a vessel for the soul and spirit, then the element of earth in chakra one provides support and containment for the fluid essence of chakra two, much like a cup holds water. Without appropriate containment, water flows out and the cup runs dry. With excessive containment, however, water cannot flow at all and becomes stagnant and dull. Ideally, we want to have a cup that is capable of filling, holding, and emptying. The task of the first chakra was to build this container. In the second chakra we look to its contents.”
- WholeYou #5: Overview of the Chakra & WholeYou #6: Root Chakra
More from Valerie
- Blog: WakingUpinWonder
- Instagram: @ValKay (shout out to #wholeyou)!
- Get your free Meditation App Resource Guide and Mind + Body + Spirit Guided Meditation
More from Lauren
- Blog: LaurenFowler.co
- Connect over on Instagram: @NourishingYoga and tag #wholeyoushow
- Make Peace with Food free Email Course
*Music credit for our mini theme song is Little Idea from Bensound.com. Thanks, Ben!