Here's some of my favorites lately - books, posts, and my free email course.
Two exciting updates first:
- I have a brand new free 7-day email course called: Make Peace with Food! I'm really excited (and proud) about it. Learn about and sign up here.
- If you're in Vermont, I'm running two yoga workshops with my friend Caitlin at Sangha Studio in Burlington: February 7th 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and February 11th 6:30-8:30 to learn about your chakras through movement, meditation, and journaling! (The info should be on the website soon)
On my Nightstand:
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown - When you practice the courage to live a wholehearted life, you may fall. Here's Brene's research, stories, and wisdom on how to get back up.
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith - Always learning the lesson that the body holds so much wisdom, and the body has a huge capability for healing.
- Color me Calm coloring book! I've always loved coloring. As a camp counselor in college, I would color along with the kids during rest hour (or nap!).
Posts I'm Loving:
- Where do you need boundaries in your life? Stop Trying to Fix People + Have Boundaries, Now by Vienda Maria
- Stop waiting. Start living. You deserve it! When You're Waiting on the Weight Loss by Practise Glow
- Love yourself up. 10 Ways to Accept your Body as you are Today by Carly Morgan Gross
- I share this client with every client because it's THAT important: Your Brain on Restriction
- Eat delicious carbs! Carbs + insulin aren't evil.
- Let's normalize body acceptance: Is it Brave for a Woman to Like her Body?
- My new evening routine - so simple & delicious: Turmeric Latte at My Goodness Me
- Harry Potter, Lizzie McGuire, & our inner critic? Yes! 6 Unique & Fun Ways to Deal with the Inner Critic from One Infinite Life
- After 6 weeks there last year, I'm agreeing with this post (for now, at least!): Why Costa Rica is the Best Place on Earth
- It may be time for another social media detox: Why JOMO is the New FOMO at Healthy Hits the Spot
Things I'm Digging
- Snowboarding. While the snow has been disappointing this year here - everyone south of us (without mountains!) got all the snow, I was still able to get in a beautiful, clear day.
- Yoga Therapy: I did a yoga therapy session focused on expanding my breath in my body to relax my nervous system and contain my energy, so I have the space to work with others in a heart-centered way without completely draining my emotional energy. I'm amazed about how much more I learned about my body in that hour! So powerful.
- FRIENDS on Netflix: Still watching it...years later. So funny!
My Writing this month:
- Why Creating Space in your Recovery is Essential at Recovery Warriors
- Using Food to Ground & Nourish Yourself at Recovery Warriors
- 30+ Ways to Nourish Yourself: Body, Mind, Heart
- Travel, Yoga, & Sunsets in Costa Rica
- Restorative Yoga: Legs Up the Wall Pose
- WholeYou Podcast #4: Translating the Wisdom of Yoga into Daily Life
- 10 Life Lessons Learned from Yoga Teacher Training - Part 1 and Part 2
- Weekly Intentions: Rest
- Mindful Health Intentions for the New Year