The WholeYou: the Mind + Body + Spirit Show
Welcome back to our third episode of WholeYou!
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts on our first two shows. We really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your thoughts. If you like the show, subscribe on iTunes for automatic shows or leave a review!
In this show, we chat about dealing with 'unhelpful' thoughts. We don't learn these tools in school or growing up, which is why this topic is so important! Remember these tools are practices, so give them a try and explore which ones work for you.
Here's what we chat about:
- Why we don't label unhelpful thoughts as "negative"
- How avoidance can make things worse - "What we resist, persists."
- Does 'thought-stopping' work?
- Why you can't 'affirm' your way out of painful experiences
- Physical, mental, and spiritual tools to help you
- The power of curiosity and observing your thoughts
- Lauren's experience in a float tank
We'd LOVE to hear your thoughts, so if you take a listen, please leave a comment on your thoughts, or any questions or ideas you have.
So, go ahead and take a listen!
Show Notes & Quotes
- Our eBook, Hips, Hunger, & the Pursuit of Healing
- The Antidote: Happiness for People who Can't Stand Positive Thinking by Oliver Burkeman
- Acceptance & Commitment Theory
- The Observing Self - Sky & Weather Metaphore
- Float Tank & Sensory Deprivation
More from Valerie
- Blog: WakingUpinWonder
- Instagram: @ValKay (shout out to #wholeyou)!
- Get your free Meditation App Resource Guide and Mind + Body + Spirit Guided Meditation
More from Lauren
- Blog: LaurenFowler.co
- Connect over on Instagram: @LaurenFowlerRDN and tag #wholeyoushow
- Free Break Up with Diets email Challenge
*Music credit for our mini theme song is Little Idea from Bensound.com. Thanks, Ben!