Hi, I'm Lauren.
I'm a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and yoga teacher, specializing in nutrition therapy for eating disorders and disordered eating.
Through a non-diet, weight-inclusive approach, I guide people to improve their relationship with food, their body, and their heart. My approach is grounded in intuitive eating, Health at Every Size, embodied movement, nutrition science, and compassionate self-care.
I help people stop controlling their food and learn to trust the wisdom of the body.
The diet culture we live in teaches people to ignore our bodies through food rules, good and bad food lists, and diets. The world we live in is obsessed with food, weight, and even health, and we rarely question it. Instead, we end up in a cycle of restricting our bodies of nourishment and pleasure from food and feeling guilty when we listen to our bodies needs.
Our bodies have the innate wisdom to guide you towards true nourishment, and it is possible to honor your body's needs and enjoy all foods, free of guilt and shame. Along with that, stepping out of diet culture can help you learn to connect to and listen to your own body's needs instead of trying to change it.
I believe in:
- Reclaiming your power around food.
- Ditching the diets.
- Listening to the body's wisdom with kindness, curiosity, and compassion.
- Gentle, individualized nutrition. Nutrition doesn't have to be overcomplicated or riddled with fad diets, detoxes, or myths. I provide nutrition education that is evidenced-based and individualized.
- Viewing health holistically - physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual, not based on the weight-based, physical model of health.
- Connecting to your body.
- Intuitive, joyful, and gentle movement.
- Full recovery from eating disorders or disordered eating patterns.
I want you to...
- Make peace with food.
- Nourish yourself fully - body, mind, and heart.
- Learn to find trust and appreciation for your body.
- Learn to listen to your body's wisdom around its needs for food, movement, rest, and more.
- Feel free from the food, body, and weight obsessions.
Free Make Peace with Food Email Course
To get started, grab your free 7-day Make Peace with Food email course!
Experience & Expertise
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I have education in nutrition science, graduating summa cum laude with my Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, and Food Science from the University of Vermont, and completing my dietetic internship at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I have worked in a variety of settings, including outpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential treatment programs for adults and adolescents with eating disorders. I have completed specialized training in eating disorders and therapeutic tools and participate in regular supervision from other dietitians and psychotherapists with expertise in eating disorders. I am currently working towards my Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDRD) credential.
You can read more about my professional education, training, and affiliations below.
Professional Credentials, Training, Education
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Dietetic Internship, Brigham & Women's Hospital
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics, & Food Science, University of Vermont
- Eating Disorder Supervision with fellow dietitians and psychotherapists
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorder Workshop with Marci Evans, CEDRD (Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian)
- Workshops in Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy
- 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher, All You Can Yoga
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor (MD). The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with nutrition and food, not to provide medical advice. The views on this website do not necessarily reflect the values, thoughts, or opinions of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or any current employer. My nutrition and lifestyle views are influenced by my education, professional experience as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and evidence-based information.