July Favorites: Gaining Body Fat (& happiness), Lessons from an Eating Disorder, & Free Anti-Dieting Challenge
The summer is flying by, and thankfully, it's been full of adventures, fun, laughter, and pure joy. Luckily for you, I've also been working on a FREE Challenge starting in mid-August - the 21-Day Break Up with Dieting Challenge. You won't have to follow any food rules or detox from sugar during this challenge. In fact, we'll be breaking the rules and finding a new way of living where you can actually enjoy your life & love your body. Sign up here to get in on the action! (It will be 2 weekly emails for 3 weeks + an amazing Facebook group for soul-nourishing support & connection.) Why am I offering this for free? Because...
- You deserve to live with joy.
- You are so worthy of love...no matter what the scale or your jean size says.
- You are capable of nourishing yourself wholly.
- You are your own health guru.
- Your body is giving you cues all the time. You can learn to listen to them to honor your hunger and fullness.
- Normal eating is ONE part of your life. Food is pleasurable, but so are infinite other aspects of life - relationships, your job, passion projects, nature, movement, sunsets...
- You can trust your body.
- Diets are boring, restrictive, drive you crazy....and you deserve a life of joy, love, breaking the rules, manifesting and living your dreams, laughter, and true nourishment.
Don’t Miss my Latest Posts:
- Where to Find Real Superfoods (that you can actually afford) --> Not from Dr. Oz or Amazon :)
- A Foolproof Cleanse that Takes Less than 10 Minutes --> Find freedom & bliss from this cleanse.
- Dietitian's Healing Journey with Intuitive Eating (mind-body transformation) --> such an inspirational story!
- Skip the Workout! 11 Alternative Movement Ideas --> you don't need to hit the gym to enjoy exercise.
- Why you don't need to Quit Sugar to Be Healthy --> Great conversation going on in the comments over there.
- The Wanna List: Less To-Dos, More Movement --> Give up the "shoulds" and live in the moment.
Body Confidence & Movement
- Ripped & Miserable: How Neghar Foononi Gained Body Fat & Got her Life Back --> Must-read! Are you really going to be happy if you have a "perfect" body? I'd rather live and love my life fully than have abs.
- 12 Signs you're Exercising TOO Much from Megan Roop on MindBodyGreen--> Do you HAVE to exercise to feel good? Change your relationship with exercise to make it a joyful part of your life.
Nourishing Yourself: Nutrition & Health
- What I've Learned from a 15-Year Battle with Bulimia from Pauline Hanuise on MindBodyGreen --> Yes, an eating disorder has lessons you can learn and can be viewed as a gift. Such an inspiring, healing story.
- The Paleo Problem: Examining the pros & cons of the Paleo Diet from Precision Nutrition --> The Paleo diet has many pros, but again - we always have to find what works for us as individuals. Great read!
- Worthiness & Wellness from Flourishing Wellness --> "You are the expert on you." Get to know you, you lovely lady.
- Embracing your Cycle from Embrace the Soul --> Don't dread it. It's a wonderful thing, and Felicia offers tips on how to make it work for you and feel good during that time of the month.
- You Eat the Way you Live from The Luminous Kitchen --> Inspiration from this lovely blogger + the oh-so-wise Geneen Roth.
Happiness & Self-Love
- 50 Habits for a Happy Life from MindBodyGreen by Hannah Gets Happy --> Adore everything about this. Just choose 5 things from this list, and do them. My favorites right now are #3, 9, 29, 42, & 49. What about you?
- Yearning for the Wild from Mark's Daily Apple --> I feel this big time, especially surrounded by the mountains and gorgeous green this summer. Nature is a healer.
- A 4-Step Morning Routine to Guarantee a Great Day from MindBodyGreen--> Mornings are magical. Start your day by connecting with you.
- Unpacking Comparison-itis from Nickie Linaire --> When you start to feel those thoughts of not-good-enough and comparison creep up, be thankful. It's an opportunity for growth and change.
Instagrams of the Month
- Feel the beauty of nature.
- Farmer's markets of summer! Eat local loves.
- Gorgeous sunset. Ice cream with friends over the bay.
- A run to the beach in the magical morning.
- Vulnerability quote from the wise Brene Brown.
- Cannot get enough cherries.
- Making myself a tree on a mountaintop.
- Yup, I jumped out of a plane with my boyfriend again. Adrenaline rush. Ready to do it again...and again.
- Flipping my world on a walk.
- Do you have a healthy relationship with food or your body? What do you WANT to feel about food or your body (nourished, flexible, healthy, etc.)?
Share your favorite post you read/wrote this month? I want to read them!
What's the BEST thing you did in July? Share your exciting adventures!