The Wanna List: Less To-Do Lists, More Movement
Last week, my favorite post I read was "The Wanna List" by Alicia at Jaybird Blog. Like her, I tend towards a Type A personality and get a thrill out of creating bucket lists and to-do lists. I could "do" more and work all day if I let myself. I know that in order to have the energy to put into this blog and clients, I need time for myself. Time to unwind, a morning routine to ease into the day, taking breaks to move my body. Yes, I'll drop into a juicy downward facing dog in the middle of a day to reset. This isn't "productive, making me money" time, but it makes me a better person the rest of the day.
Instead of doing, I want to start being and feeling more. Being okay with taking a break, even if I have a blog post or client work to do. Being okay with sitting outside in the morning with a cup of tea and taking in the gorgeous morning - a magical part of the day. Not trying to fill every minute of my day with a to-do to feel productive.
So, here's my wanna list. Feel free to join in on the fun!
This summer, I wanna...
- take in breathtaking views after hiking the highest peaks in New England.
- wear a bikini without judging my body --> what I want every woman to do
- create my own flowing yoga classes outside in my backyard
- run to the beach with my dog in the morning
- celebrate love at two amazing friends' wedding!
- eat lobster, drink homemade mango mojitos
- snack on fresh, juicy organic berries from the farmer's market (even if I pay a small fortune for them)
- read a fiction book or two...for a change
- take in the long days and hot sun...and try not to get too burnt
- have a wild dance party to Wannabe by the Spice Girls --> had to say it
I wanna feel...
- connected...to myself, others, the world
- a sense of flow
I wanna be...
- purposeful...working on this with my blog right now
PS: This activity isn't just helpful for summer. If you're feeling stuck, bored, drifting and purposeless in your life, focus on how you want to feel. Making a bucket list is one thing, but are you actually going to take action on your dreams?